Monday, September 28, 2009

i'm so disgusted with myself...


i feel so embarrassed with what had happened last saturday. embarrassed not because i was wet and i was walking in a not-so-flooded area along pasong tamo, but because what others experienced was far more worse than mine. i was complaining that i'm wet and my shoes are soaking in water. i cursed the rain. i was whining while walking until i saw what's going on on the television..until i heard my housemate's story about her own experience in batasan, quezon city. other people were staying on their rooftop, other's swam on the flood, others were cold and wet and hungry and thirsty...and i was one lucky person if i would think of it. who was i to complain? did i go thru all of that?! i was able to eat. i got a nice sleep. it's like nothing really happened to me when i got home. just like a normal rainy day. there i was frustrated when in fact there are other people who should be more frustrated.

i feel sorry for all the victims of Ondoy. i thank God that my family's safe but i am extremely sad about the condition of other Filipino. My prayer goes to all of them...

No comments: