Saturday, September 11, 2010

Is Love Not Lovely?

What can you say about love?

This was the question asked by a classmate during college. I answered the question with:

Love? I don’t believe in love. At first I did but now I’ve seen what it really is. Love don’t exist but lust does. Lust which destroys the soul. Love is only a word. A world full of wonders and sorrows. It’s easy to believe everything when you’re blinded by its existence. Now I’ve found out love in it’s true perspective. It’s only made up of letters that could trick the reader and fool the hearer. Love exists in the mind. It’s nothing but a dream and a physical thing made complicated by everyone involved to make it quite exciting!”

Forgive me. Whoever said this six years ago didn’t know what he was saying. If I could go back, I’d kill him myself. Such a crappy thought because love is present. It is here and we experience it everyday. It’s a gift that God has given us.

I don’t remember why I was so negative when it comes to love before. Maybe because I was single and I still am but that shouldn’t be the case because loving does not exists only in couples. It’s a feeling present for all humanity. A feeling of togetherness and respect for one another that sustain us to live. We might feel hatred, pain and other negative feelings because of it but these are challenges that make it strong and true.

So if the person I was before is in front of me right now, I would tell him this: “You will never exist in this world if your mother and father did not love each other and if they didn’t love you!”.

Whew! I’m so glad I’m over with that impression. Let love come in and let it overflow.

No comments: