Tuesday, November 2, 2010

SINGAPORE: Day Four

The main event! We woke up early to go to Universal Studios. If I’ve been trying very hard to be happy the past few days, this day was when I got totally stoked. We were able to watch all the attractions.

Let me list down all of them in order:
1. Enchanted Airways – Our very first ride. This made me shout like crazy but was short-lived because it was just for one round for about 53 minutes. I felt sorry that I did not feel dizzy.

2. Shrek 4-D Adventure – we saw, heard and felt all the action inside the theatre. We got a little wet and cold from the effects they used. Even if we knew that it’s just water, you would feel kind of repulsive whenever Donkey sneezes.

3. Donkey Live – this is the stage show that I did not enjoy (maybe because it’s intended for kids).

4. Canopy Flyer – this is another 53-minute ride that would make you scream at the top of your lungs then afterwards you’ll ask “Is it already over?”. This would make you ask for more!

5. Waterworld – one of my most favorite films. The stunts and explosion left me in awe. The characters joined the crowd even before the show started and what was cool was that they threw buckets of water and used water gun to make us all wet. This was the coolest show ever.

6. Revenge of the Mummy – we rode this twice after getting wet at Jurrasic Park Rapids Adventure. The most amazing of all the attractions. We plunged into total darkness on this indoor roller coaster like we’ll just die any moment. After the ride, we saw our photos outside and there I saw myself showing my honest emotion-mouth and eyes widely opened. It was scary just going to the rides because there were scary backgrounds, tombs and fences along the way. Yeah, I liked it super. 

7. Lights, Camera, Action! Hosted by Steven Spielberg – I know Steven but I haven’t seen him yet. It was the first time that I saw him on screen. This made us see how special effects are being done. The set was about a major hurricane ready to hit New York City. It looked very real and I was blown away. This made me sing “I Will Talk and Hollywood Will Listen” by Robbie Williamsbecause this song has a line about the director.

8. Jurrasic Park Rapid’s Adventure – the version of our Enchanted Kingdom’sRio Grande. The outside notice told us that we will really get wet. We saw others wearing raincoat-like stuff. We did not mind buying our own and continued chatting while on queue. I was feeling lucky because I was dry compared to the others until the final blow hit me (this happened to me atEnchanted Kingdom as well). I was wet. Totally wet. Good thing I brought an extra shirt. The other issue got resolved when I bought shorts at the Universal Studios Store. 

9. Pantages Hollywood Theatre – this day’s theme was about Universal Classic Monsters. This is a musical show wherein the lead guy named Henry Preston Jerkyll transformed these monsters into modern Rock ‘n Roll stars. They’re good performers and they all look good. I enjoyed it as well but since this was the last show, I don’t have enough energy to clap my hands or to dance to the beat yet, I still tried. 

We did not try the other attractions and rides that were intended for kids because we didn’t want to bore ourselves again. I forgot about my colds and headache. We ate at Discovery Food Court where we both fell in love withChicken Hainanese Rice. This day wouldn’t be complete without taking pictures. I made a major boo-boo by not checking our camera the night before our visit. We only got two bars and it died right on time. We made use of my mobile phone on some photos. We could’ve had plenty of pictures. My bestfriend didn’t stop nagging (the thing that she’s good at all the time) about this. She got mad again but I just ignored her (I’m good at this).

We finished the trip by shopping some items at the place. We had dinner at the food court at Little India and indulged ourselves with Tiger Beer andHeineken.

Tomorrow’s our last day and I’m just starting to love the place. Got to pack my bags now.

No comments: