Monday, November 1, 2010

SINGAPORE: Day Two

Hungry! Good thing we have free breakfast at the hostel. I thought we’ll have the whole day to rest but my bestfriend’s friends decided to meet up with her. I being her only companion need to join her. 

We went to Orchard Road where we saw/heard a lot of Filipinos. It was fun hearing and recognizing them. Orchard Road holds a lot of shopping malls with designer stuff. I hope one day I would be able to buy some of those. 

It was tiring to walk around the place and my bag’s full of leaflets given by some agents on the streets. I was asked to apply for a student credit card (OMG it means that to their eyes, I look young!) and to have a photo with the L’orealladies (but I declined because my friends left me and they’re on the other side of the street already. Sometimes travelers would ask us directions like were natives.

Clark Quay reminds me of Malate because of its busy night life-drinks and bars here, there and everywhere. The place is much nicer though and you should know the reason why. We’re a bit lucky because they celebrated Halloween this year and people took part by wearing costumes. 

We enjoyed the show but we’re too tired again. We drank at the nearest bar in our hostel and had reunion with San Mig Light. It’s been a long time since I tasted it so I got totally excited and drunk afterwards. 

I can’t believe that people live their lives walking such great distance everyday. This is what I complain about. Nevertheless, I enjoy every scenery and people I meet everyday.

No comments: