Monday, April 18, 2011

Burnt Skin & Burnt Feelings

Burnt skin is what I got from diving into the sea water without a diver’s license sun block. I don’t have a problem with my complexion because it does go back to its normal color after a week or so. The problem is, it hurts – the price I have to pay for using a water-based lotion like I didn’t realize it the moment I used it!

Aside from the fact that my skin is hot to the touch, I am kind of having an emotional anxiety. I miss my loved ones. I miss the beach. I miss the new friends I met and I don’t know when we’ll see each other again. I miss everything that happened for the past three days. I am trying to live my life normally but I just can’t move on with the shoulda, woulda, couldas.

My life’s supposed to be perfect because I am free from work but other variables seem to haunt me. The sunny and almost-Holy-Week-kind-of-weather complement with my feelings.

This burn in my skin will continue to develop for 24 to 72 hours and skin peeling will follow in 3 to 8 days. I just pray that this loneliness will not last that long and peel itself soon. I can take this sun burn but not this desolation.

---------------------------------------------
I don't feel like paying another month for my Sun Broadband. Its connection has been very slow for almost a month now and it's pissing me off. There are lots of internet connections to choose from but I would appreciate any recommendations. Kthnxbye!

No comments: