Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Abismo de la Nada

It’s one of the darkest nights I’ve ever encountered. In the middle of my sleep, I woke up feeling the coldness of the night. The cold wind seeps through every strand of my veins. No matter how hard I try to cover myself I can still feel it. It’s freezing me to death. A storm is coming, that’s what I can feel.

Everywhere I look, it’s gloomy. My eyes couldn’t see the surroundings. It’s blurry. My ears became deaf due to the whirling air, like a crowd of people in chaos. There’s little courage within me telling me to get up and leave but I am scared to move. I’m afraid to make things worse. Leaving would mean battling through the unknown blackness. I’m not equipped with anything. I might not be able to survive. If I stay, I will be frozen forever.

Closing my eyes, I picture out the wonderland I once built when I was a child. A wonderland made up of dreams. Way back, I thought that every posts and walls are strong enough to make it come true. A perfect place which was far cry from this sunken miserable niche.

I look around trying to confuse myself more. Though my muscles are numb I convinced myself that what’s happening is just a phase in a human’s life cycle. I close my eyes and I start to reminisce from the time that I laughed the hardest. Every sound and every feeling of yesterday seem to have fade away. I can’t get the feeling anymore. I can’t have a grasp of every tiny parts of those memories. They’ve been replaced with tears and sorrow.

The wind made a strong blow and I heard the whistling sound again. I wrapped my hands to my ears as I moved slowly gathering all my strength left. I crawled and crawled with bruises in my arms and knees like I know where to go. Deep inside I can understand that I will not go any further. Every step is a waste. I am fighting for nothing but defeat.

Before I lose my breath, I will wallow for awhile until somebody finds me laying helpless in the abyss of nothingness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

=)) i like