Tuesday, August 17, 2010

In the Land of Oz

Happy as a pig in mud is all that I can say whenever I think of the 2-day “normal” life that started last Monday at 8 A.M. and ended earlier at 4 P.M. I say it’s a normal life because out of almost four years of going to work at dawn, I was able to experience 2 days of working at daylight.

For two days I woke up early because I was so stoked.I felt so refreshed everytime I stepped out of the house. However, my way to the office was a bad encounter for it was hot, there were a lot of passengers and you have to battle your way to ride a transportation. There were plenty of buses but most of them were full. There was heavy traffic too. A very busy day!  This made me love my night schedule somehow. During lunch, there was a long line of people on fast-food chains. If this will be compared to our abnormal schedule, we will only be the people who will be served. The 10-15 minute wait will only be at least 5 minutes.

Maybe I just got shocked of how office life works in daytime. On the other hand, I enjoyed it very much. Some of my colleagues might have been annoyed of how I kept on saying that I love our schedule though it’s not going to last.

I did not feel zonked at all. I was never sleepy, well maybe because our trainer was a grouse who gave us good oil about the land down under. Or maybe because it’s day time!

What happened was indeed historical! And I will be forever thankful that while others have gone mad as a cut snake with our schedule, I was given the chance to have a taste of what’s in the broad daylight.

Seeing ocean of people at daytime may be something that I have to adjust to but having a normal life will always be part of my wish list.

No comments: