Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Admit It

What we often lack is honesty. Honesty to ourselves and honesty to what we feel. I guess that's where we should start if we would want to be honest to other people as well.

We should learn how to embrace the facts of life. If we're lonely let's be sad. If we're happy then let's be gay. If we’re in love then show it. We should stop fooling ourselves by trying to replace what we feel with something else.

People at times would pretend that they're happy although they're going through tough times. They would try to think happy thoughts but it’s not gonna change anything. What lies deep inside is the truth. The surface might be calm but right underneath it's broken.

Reality would slap you in the face but you would choose to ignore it. You try to be positive because you're hoping that somehow it'll change - although you know that not a thing will change. What a waste!

What I'm trying to say is that let's start being true! Let's accept what we feel and what is real. Let's not try to change our mood if we really can't. Stop saying things you don’t mean. Don’t hide behind a clown face. A mantra wouldn't change your state of mind. It'll just bring a lot of frustration in the end. Love your emotion be it negative or positive. Instead of saying "I'm ok" or I'll be fine" be strong and say "I'm sad I need your help" or “I need to be alone”, instead of "It's not happening!" admit it and say that "It is happening!".

‘Cause I really hate it when people try to hide their brokenness by saying positive stuff.

No comments: