Friday, August 6, 2010

What I Want

I want this and I want that.
It’s like we’re never satisfied at all. The world is filled with many material things that are very pleasant to the eyes. Once we get what we want, we’ll wish for something else. It’s a never ending cycle which made me believe that we don’t know how to be contented.

When will we be contented? What will make us stop desiring earthly pleasures?
These things surely don’t compensate what we lack. They can never cover the emptiness that’s eating us whole. It’s really true that happiness can never be found on things that are temporary. Things that in any moment can be destroyed and can be taken away from us.

My greatest sin is vanity. I am truly aware of this. But just like you, I am human too. It’s hard to let go of what I’m used to. All that I want is to be happy with what I have yet I still don’t get that feeling.

Life on earth is a temporary journey. They said that life-after-earth is what’s significant. With never ending needs and wants, are we prepared for the next life? With too much love for my own self, will I be able to live a life of total selflessness?

To contemplate before we act is what we should do. To focus on eternal happiness and not earthly pleasure would surely make this life’s journey worthwhile. That’s where I’m going. Little by little I am walking. Slowly I’m trying to let go of of my unwanted wants. I’m trying. I’m doing everything to at least minimize my obsession over material things and I’m on it. Let’s all do this hand in hand.

No comments: