Sunday, August 8, 2010

Anonymously Jane

Legit or not I still don’t get it.

Last night, I received a text message from someone named Jane and she’s claiming that she’s from this also-known contact center in the country. Good thing I still have the copy of our conversation on my phone. I am so willing to share everything to you.

Here's what happened:


-Missed call-
Me: Hu’s dis?
#: Is this mr. (my last name, first name)?
Me: Yes
#: Can i have your profile? this is jane from teleperformance if your interes+ed in our company.
Me: How did u get my number?

Jane: I got it from our employee last week.
Me: May i have the name of that employee please? And what position are you offering me? 

Jane: (blank message)
Jane: Supervisor with a salary of 3o thou.a month if you are interested just txt me or call me.
M
e: Sony is this u? 
Jane: No po..so mr. (my last name) are u interested?
Me: Who referred me to u?

Jane: One of ur co employee.i will not mention name anymore,ni reffer kalang becoz ur smart and responsible in ur career..
Me: First of all, if u’r gona contact someone for a job offer or something similar to that, u have to mention the name of the referor for formality’s sake. Secondly, i dnt knw anybody who works in ur company. If u’r someone i knw, u better be honest right now becoz i dnt play games like this.
Me: And by the way, stuff like this shouldn’t be done via sms. Is there an HR during weekends? Good night and nice try =)

 
That’s it. Would you believe that that person is an employee of that company? Based on our conversation, there’s really no reason for me to honor her words.

The number she used to text me is a personal number that I only use to contact my high school and college friends. I have a separate number for work/business related person.
She should’ve called me instead of exchanging text messages with her not-so-intellectual choice of words. She even asked me to call her!

If this is legit, their way of doing business isn’t professional and with that alone, I chose to believe that she’s just someone trying to play a joke on me.

Whoever she is, she should know better than to just wake me up in the middle of my sleep. She might have had a hard laugh or a smile of disappointment with what happened.

If he or she’s someone I know, what he/she did isn’t a nice joke. We’re not kids anymore to be playing hide and seek. 

I am so disappointed on you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmppp...and Pipou stop accusing me of playing Jane. As you've said, she uses not so intellectual words. Am i? And I'm not gonna play games with you this way. I'd rather send you a bomb threat...lol. Check your bed before lying on it. See you tomorrow!!mwahmwah - by the way, this is your sister

pipou said...

Ha! Ha! Sorry if I accused you. It was really funny the way we talked about this last night especially the rob-thingy jokes...look at what happened, you almost had the experience. FUNNY!